Monday, May 23, 2005

Martin Cole Resigns from Veritas

The writer of this blog has this morning resigned from the Veritas Party. The resignation letter I sent to the Party Leader was as follows:

Dear Robert,

It is with regret that I herewith tender my resignation from the party that with a few others we somewhat hastily put together a few months ago.

I have always tried to move the political debate and events towards democracy, a goal which I know you share. Looking at the post election scene in the UK I have concluded that the best way forward to achieve that aim is via the democratic structures that now exist within the seemingly directionless Conservative Party, and have today publicly urged Veritas members to consider joining that organisation to push it towards a more euro-realistic direction.

I recognise such a stance is not compatible with continued Veritas membership and therefore resign forthwith.

Yours sincerely,
Martin

PS I will place this letter on the blog Veritas Straight Talk, should you wish to reply to this please indicate whether or not you also wish your response posted there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home